In 1924 the theatre was eventually bought by Moss Empires. The group already had 27 other theatres under their control.
Birmingham Hippodrome was given a new identity, inside there was a steeply raked fan shaped circle and twelve boxes. The colour scheme was two shades of grey, rose-pink with gold relief.
The newly refurbished theatre opened on 24 February 1925.
The first appearance of local dancer Betty Fox was 10 March 1926. Her ?Babes? performed in many future pantomimes.