On 20 August 1900 the theatre reopened with a brand new name The Tivoli Theatre of Varieties under the management of Mr. Thomas Barrasford who already owned a number of successful theatres in Hull and Leeds.
The building looked the same from the outside but inside the stage had been enlarged and transformed from a circus ring to a proscenium arch theatre. The interior was crimson and gold.
By 1903 the theatre was renamed Birmingham Hippodrome. It was the first Birmingham music hall to present twice nightly shows.
Some of the first moving pictures shown in Birmingham were part of the variety programme in October 1900.